Followers

Saturday 10 November 2012

What's in my make-up bag....

Hey everyone! Well I thought this weekend as the weather is miserable and I am not going anywhere I would do a what's in my make-up bag post!

I have not done any reviews recently because I am testing for beauty bible and you aren't allowed to blog about the products until the book its released so I can't talk about anything I am using!!


So, I will start with the first thing that I put on and that primer. I get a lot of redness on my skin and I thought I would test out MAC's neutralising primer. This is rather thick and oddly for a neutralising primer, Yellow! It was a bit scary at first but I think it works...the yellow tone of it means that it covers redness, maybe not as much as a green one would, BUT its so easy to cover with your foundation! I have found with some of the green ones I end up looking a funny colour!

As you can see there are 3 different types of foundation and a BB cream in there! The BB cream is by Iroisie and is from Amarya, its a really thick cream so a little goes a long way and its just beautiful. All natural ingredients so no nasties to worry about and makes the skin look great! I usually use this at the weekends during the day. The 3 foundations are MAC matchmaster in shade 1.0, an Estee Lauder 10 day sample of double wear in ecru and Chanel perfection Lumiere in beige rose.
I this photo the MAC and Estee lauder look similar shades but the Chanel looks totally different! The Chanel isn't actually that different in real like but it does have more pink to it than the others! What I wear on a day to day basis depends on how I am feeling and also what my skin is doing! The MAC and Estee lauder are much heavier than the Chanel so get used on bad skin days mostly.

My fave concealer ever is MAC studio finish concealer, it covers everything! Although I do think I need to get something different for under the eyes, this can be a little dry. I have hit the pan on this now after about 6 months of usage...I still think I will have it for at least another 4-5 months though! This is one of the last 2 things in my project 5 pan.

I am currently trying out MAC's translucent setting powder from the prep and prime range! It is quite good but I think I prefer the slight bit of extra coverage my Estee Lauder powder gives me.

The Blush is Clinique in the shade innocent peach, I have been using this for over a year now and as you can see, I haven't exactly made much of an impact on it! Oh the joys of being pale!! I never seem to use up blushers but I am getting bored of this one now...would love to see the little satisfying silver spot of the pan soon.

I am still working on my body shop shimmer cube!! 9 months now I think! it is definitely going to be used up soon though, either that or I will get too bored and change it! got my moneys worth though so I will be OK with not finishing this up if it comes to that!

The mascara is essential care and is another beauty bible product so I cant say anything about that booooo!

Black eyeliner is from the body shop and it great, it stays put all day! I tend to only line my top lashes during the day so this will last me forever!

Benefit high beam glow is used as a highlighter under the brow but I also use it in the corners of the eyes. you really only need to use a tiny amount of this so this lasts for ages. I got this with my boots points so was well chuffed! things are always better when they are free!

And finally lip products, the black lipstick is an Avon one which I am using up as part of my project 5 pan..it is almost there, about 2 weeks left I would say! The bare minerals buxom lip gloss is a shade called dolly, I love this lip gloss! its really natural looking but gives enough colour to look like you have something on and it makes your lips sooooo tingly! I would recommend it for anyone that loves plumping lip gloss. There is also an E.L.F luscious liquid lipstick in raspberry. This is a really nice pink colour but is not too bright. the vanilla mint flavouring is really nice and again gives that tingle to the lips, the only downside I would say is it does not last very long on the lips!

What's in your make-up bag? I would love to know what your everyday products are!

3 comments:

  1. Great post - I love what's in my bag style ones. I sense my body shop shimmer cubes will last me my whole life! lol!

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do last forever Mez, I think the clinique blush will last me for the rest of my life too! I have never finished a blush!

      Delete
  2. hi im new to your blog and love it!
    i love the studio finish concealer too, its awesome and lasts forever! i really want to try the prep and prime and prime setting powder too

    great post
    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete