Its been a long time since I last did a blog post and there is one simple reason for that....I went off and got married! Then had a long honeymoon in the Azores which was lovely and I didn't want to come back!
I thought I would start with another empties post and a bit of an update on my project 5 pan! Considering how long its been (about a month and a half!) I don't actually have that many empties at the moment. Saying that though I am on the verge of finishing a couple of other things so there will probably be another empties post at some point in the near future.
1. Caudalie Gentle Cleansing cream - This cleanser was nice and removed all my make up but I wouldn't say that for the price it was anything special. I won this in a competition on the amarya facebook page but I don't think it is something I would buy for myself.
2. Decleor aroma cleanse mattifying toner - I really like this toner and used it along with the decleor cleansing gel from my last post. This is again a 400ml bottle and had lasted waaaay over 6 months! It smells delicious and fruity and does leave the skin feeling matte but not tight like some other toners for oily skin can. I think I would buy this again but I have other toners to use up at the moment so it depends on how they go!
3. Rituals Shower Foam - Well what can I say about this!? its the only product from glossybox I have ever really loved and I have it stockpiled! I love the smell of this one and the fragrance lingers on the skin for a long time. I would definately repurchase this after I have got through my stash!!
4. Skin Blossom conditioner - This was a beauty bible tester product so I have to keep Schtum about this one! Full review will come when I am allowed to post about it!
5. Macadamia deep repair masque - I can not live without this hair mask! It is my fave hair treatment ever, it smells yummy and does the job it says on the tin. The moisturising effects last for a long time so it only needs to be used every 1-2 weeks. Love this and have already repurchased. I am using a different mask at the moment which is from before I fell in love with this. I am on a mission to use up all my stockpiled toiletries but nothing can match up to this :-)
6. Manicare brush shampoo - This was from a discount store and cost about 99p! It is ok but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it again, I prefer baby shampoo or for the more stubborn make-up removal fairy liquid!!
7. Elemis gentle rose exfoliator - this is a bit of a meh product for me, I thought it would be great due to the reviews but I don't like it. I don't feel it exfoliates at all and prefer something a little more harsh. Would I buy this again? at over £25 a bottle for 50ml no...give me St Ives over this any day!
8. Loreal telescopic lashes waterproof mascara - This is the first time I have tried this mascara and I wasn't wowed by it. The staying power was great but I didn't like the brush at all and it made my lashes stick together, the brush is more like a comb which I didn't know until I bought it and got it home. I prefer big fat brushes that grip your lashes and pull them through to coat them. I wouldn't repurchase this.
9. REN Active 7 eye gel - This is a really refreshing eye gel and gets rid puffyness really well, it is especially good if you put it in the fridge. BUT it did nothing for my dark circles so I don't think I would go out and buy this. This was a sample from an Amarya box and I am really starting to love REN as a brand based on the things I have tried from them!
10. Benefit the porefessional - This was part of my project 5 pan and its now officially finished! I really like this primer but not willing to invest in a full size yet as I have lots of others lines up to try...will need to see how all of those work out before I confirm if I will buy or not but so far this is top of the list of primers!
11. Lavera hand cream. - This hand cream is lovely, its creamy, fresh and soaks in well. It also smells really nice and sweet. Again this was a sample in an Amarya box (can you see a pattern emerging here?!) and I will be investing in a full size after I have used up my multiple other samples and hand creams! I am torn between this and my L'Occitane hand creams...I think L'Occitane are better for winter as they are slightly more rich!
12. Blistex - I get through about one of these a month and you can't beat it for getting rid of chapped lips! Mine seem to be chapped constantly and I am a lip product addict! I am always looking for the next fix and have lip balms and treatments EVERYWHERE! I always buy blistex though so its just a staple in my beauty routine!
13. FAB face cleanser - This was a Glossybox sample and I have been using it in the shower as my shower facewash because taking my normal facewash from the sink to the shower is just way too much effort! This made my face feel clean and foamed well but left me with a bit of tightness after the shower so because of this I don't think I will be repurchasing.
14. Estee Lauder double wear mineral make-up - This is also part of project 5 pan and is as empty as I can get it...there is still a little bit of powder in there but I can't get it out the sifter! I really like this as a setting powder and it gives a nice matte finish. It also gives just that little bit more coverage to your foundation and lasts ages! This 12g pot lasted about 9 months so its good value for money too. I do have one of these in my stash waiting to be opened but at the moment I am trialling MAC prep and prime compact powder.
Have you used any of these products? If so what did you think?